Tuesday 29 January 2013

SMOOTHIE NO.1 – BREAKFAST ON THE GO!


Let the smoothie experimenting begin!

I purchased a lovely little hand blender for my smoothie making. It’s nothing fancy or expensive, but it does the job and is easy to clean.

This was my first attempt and I’m going to call it ‘The Breakfast Power Smoothie’!

Ingredients:
Half a cup of skimmed milk
1 scoop Vanilla Soy Protein Powder
Large handful of spinach
1 shot of espresso
Half a banana
1 small teaspoon of peanut butter
Small handful of ice

I forgot to take a picture, but it looked as disgusting as it sounds!
I have seen loads of recipes that include spinach and have been advised that it has a mild flavour. I was a bit unsure about adding it, but I can honestly say that the smoothie was really tasty and I didn’t even notice the spinach! Once you get over the fact that the smoothie you are about to drink is green, you’re all good!

As a breakfast smoothie, I was pretty impressed, very awake and quite full! I had it at about 8:00 am and wasn’t hungry until at least 12:30! That, my friends, is a long time to go without wanting a snack!  

Smoothie No.1 = SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment